Since 2005 ELT well has been finding ways to bring together best practice from the fields of English language teaching and specialist additional support for learners with specific learning differences (such as dyslexia).
ELT well offers:
– holistic assessments of students who may have dyslexia or other SpLDs, whatever their first language
– tuition for students to develop their language and study skills
– practical, flexible and relevant continuing professional development for teachers and assessors
– information, materials and resources for teachers and assessors who are looking for fresh ways of approaching challenging situations
– access to the latest research in the field, as it develops
Ruth Hayman Trust
As part of the 10th anniversary celebrations, ELT well has adopted the Ruth Hayman Trust as our charity of the year.
The Ruth Hayman Trust awards small grants to support the education and training of adults who have come to settle in the UK, speak English as a second or other language and have difficulty paying for their studies. Most successful applicants are asylum seekers or refugees.
As fees for courses increase and education budgets are cut, the Trust’s financial support is needed more than ever. In order to make grants to students, the Trust has to raise money. More than 94% of the money raised goes directly to supporting individuals. Even quite small sums can make an enormous difference.
Find out more about their work by visiting the Ruth Hayman Trust website.