ELT well workshops offer you the chance to explore the issues whenever and wherever suits you, making professional development as easy as 1-2-3:
- choose the topic/s you want to explore
- decide how long the workshop/s should be (half a day, an evening, a whole day, a weekend…)
- hold them in your own venue, or come to Morecambe for a real break from your normal routine.
Sessions can also be run online, using Zoom, or your own online platform.
The focus of our workshops is always on practical approaches to working with learners and how you can make a difference in your classroom. However, all workshops cover enough of the theoretical background to help you understand which strategies and techniques may succeed better than others in your context.
Examples of half-day workshops:
- Identifying dyslexia (and other specific learning differences) in English language learners
- Supporting dyslexic language learners
- Memory strategies for language learners
- Developing phonological awareness
- Raising awareness of specific learning differences among teachers and peers
- After Assessment – giving feedback and setting up interventions after a formal assessment
Your choice of any two of the half-day options can be combined into a whole day workshop, OR suggest your own programme, which can be tailored to suit the particular needs of your school or department.
Prices for training sessions at your UK venue will be discussed and agreed when arranging the content and timing. Please note that travel expenses will also be payable.
‘Travel expenses’ mean a return journey (from Lancaster) by public transport if at all possible, or by car at a cost of 40p per mile if it is not possible. Some sessions may also incur accommodation costs, subject to discussion (usually in cases when the session starts early in the morning and travel on the day would involve leaving Lancaster before 7.00am).
Please note that for travel outside the UK, an additional fee of 40% of the presentation fee will be applicable for each day of travel.
Payment should usually be made within 30 days of the event or delivery of materials. Methods of payment could be:
- by cheque (payable to ‘ELT well’)
- by BACS transfer
- by PayPal