At different stages of education there are different challenges to meet, requiring different strategies for success. We all experience times when an essay just will not come together, or it’s not clear how best to approach a task. Talking it through with an experienced tutor can help you get started on the right track, and keep you heading in the right direction.
Whether you are dyslexic, or have another SpLD, or none at all, and whatever your first language is, if you are based in the Lancaster and Morecambe area, you can come for a one-off meeting to discuss any piece of work (a 1-off 1-hour session: £42.00).
Or book a series of 3, 6 or 10 sessions in advance to secure a cheaper rate
(3 sessions: £100.00 ; 6 sessions: £190.00 ; 10 sessions: £300.00).
Each session is 1 hour long and could cover any of the following aspects of study:
- Managing time and workloads (and generally getting organised!)
- Improving memory strategies
- Understanding what essay titles are asking for
- Planning essays / coursework
- Improving writing (developing appropriate style and accuracy)
- Proof reading strategies (NB – this is not a proof-reading service – this is helping you develop the skills to proof read your own work independently)
- Referencing (for academic work)
- Writing applications (for jobs, courses etc.)
- Anything else that is challenging for you
Support can be provided at the ELT well office in Morecambe, in the learner’s home or via skype / phone, as required.
Contact Anne Margaret and arrange an initial telephone call to discuss your needs, so that you can decide how you could benefit from this service.